- Comes with 30x silky hair tyes sustainably packaged in a glass jar
- A daily essential - Hair ties, or as we like to call them hair ‘tyes’
- The first eco-hair tye of it’s kind
- Made from up-cycled rubber and coconut - snag-free, silky and ecological
- Handmade and hand-cut in Melbourne
- Tackling another waste industry, the Beauty industry
Waste Facts (from the US):
- Hair ties are barely used before breaking or disappearing
- A hair tie takes a minimum of 500 years to break down
- On average, a bus worth of hair ties are discarded or lost every day
Just like our coffee and dining industry, an industry that first inspired us to create reusable coffee cups- the beauty industry needs an overhaul and new future thinkers in product design to offer consumers better sustainable options.
And when we talked about hair, rubber, and eco-beauty products, we naturally thought of hair tyes.
And this was before even knowing how much of a waste issue they are- read above!
But before we released them to the world, we had to be sure that they were snag-free, silky smooth, and something that people would want to use every day.
‘We started in coffee, and we saw the huge waste happening in parallel with another product that we use every day. So we did what we do best, applied our circular thinking to create something that is eco, simple and in high demand. Our hair tye accessories are snag-free, silky, and sustainable’
Over the last year, we have been wearing, styling and perfecting these hair tyes- having developed a product made from upcycled rubber and coconut. Hand made, hand-cut- and packaged using zero plastics and zero resins.
‘When interviewing people, we knew that they wanted something that was snag-free for their hair. And a package design that could be multipurpose. We have done just that!’
Circular design and principles have been applied to every detail of the design, you won’t find any plastic or stickers on the jar- so once you’ve finished using your hair accessories, you can top up the jar with other daily essentials.
And, as with their other product- proceeds from the hair tyes will continue to go to support the White Bike Foundation to make our roads safer for everyone and make every second count. And part of the catch cry, ‘Let’s Band Together’ on the tag, we think it couldn’t be any more relevant to the day to day than in these current times.
Let’s band together, for the future, for the planet and as a community committed to a sustainable future.
*Please be forgiving of the images, our professional photoshoot has had to be postponed due to CVD19.